Whether you are an individual or a company seeking to improve your bottom-line, our attorneys may be able to help you reduce your tax obligations. Our tax department consists of attorneys with a wide breadth of experience, knowledge and expertise who regularly consult with start-up companies and existing businesses in developing an optimal business organization from a tax perspective. Tax laws are constantly changing and businesses need to be advised of how these changes could potentially affect their business practices. Our attorneys at LOMBINO ∙ MARTINO can assist with compliance issues and make sure business transactions are structured to take advantage of the current laws. Some of our tax services include:
- Individual, LLC, Partnership, and Corporate Formation
- Tax Controversy before the IRS
- Real Property Tax Planning and Transactional Strategies
- Structuring Business Transactions to Minimize Taxation
- Tax Collections Defense
- The “Offer in Compromise” is the most frequently used method to settle IRS tax debts. An Offer in Compromise is an agreement between a taxpayer and the IRS that resolves the taxpayer’s debt for less than the full amount of tax owed. Although the potential for tax relief is available, this process can be overwhelming and discouraging to many who have legitimate hardship claims. We work with taxpayers to determine eligibility to file an Offer in Compromise. If a taxpayer is eligible, we will guide them in filling out and submitting the necessary forms. Taxpayers should be wary of various scams claiming to settle with the IRS for “pennies on the dollar.” These claims promise much and deliver little and may actually do more harm than good.
- Advice on state and local taxation issues, including sales tax and business and occupation tax.
- Payroll tax issues
- Taxation issues related to qualified plans and retirement plans (401(k), IRA, Roth IRA, SEP IRA, etc.)
Give us a call if you need help.